in this week’s toffey talk, we are celebrating the festive season with a christmas special. we are going to show you how to apply a santa’s hat to one of your nails.
applying a santa’s hat is very quick, only requiring an extra 5-10 minutes on top of your normal gel polish manicure. we have outlined the steps below in writing, however if prefer to learn in a visual way, we have created a short video showing you how to apply the technique:
what you will need
- LED or UV lamp
- 2 gel polish colours (we have used ruby tuesday and stairway to heaven)
- top coat
- base coat
- nail brush
- alcohol wipe or acetone
- ensure you already have applied your gel nails to all of your nails except the nail you will be applying your santa’s hat design to. if you need help with this, check out a previous video here.
- apply a layer of base coat to your nail and cure it in the LED lamp for 30 seconds.
- apply approximately 2mm of ruby tuesday gel polish to the end of your nail and cure it in the LED lamp for 60 seconds.
- apply a small amount of ruby tuesday gel polish to a nail brush and slowly paint the tip of your santa’s hat on to your nail. cure your nail for 60 seconds in the LED lamp.
- clean your nail brush with an alcohol wipe or some acetone.
- apply stairway to heaven gel polish to your nail brush and paint on the rest of the santa hat design. cure your nail for 60 seconds in the LED lamp.
- apply a layer of top coat and cure it in the LED lamp for 90 seconds.
- wipe over your nail with an alcohol wipe.
- done! show off your design on instagram using the hashtag #toffeygelpolish
if you have any questions regarding gel nails that you want answered, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on facebook.
toffey girls x x